FAQs

edited September 2018 in Support + FAQ

Do you ever offer discounts?

We periodically have special offers on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We plan to add additional content to the course, free of charge to existing customers.

Facebook: facebook.com/Learning-for-a-Small-World-196316607759012/
Twitter: twitter.com/LFASW

(Why) do I need an account to purchase the Star Trek course?

Community is central to the Learning for a Small World experience. We feel that for a learning community to be successful, a greater degree of trust is required that may not be necessary in other forums. Therefore, it is our policy not to allow anonymous access to our community. Only validated accounts are able to participate in the course-related community discussions

How is tax calculated in my price?

Tax on a digital good varies depending upon a number of factors. Learning for a Small World uses a premier professional tax calculation service to determine if taxes are due in your location. The zip code collected during registration is used to support that calculation. For additional questions, please email [email protected]

How long do paid members have access to the lessons and video content?

There is no limit to course access. We’ll be adding additional content so the collection will be evergreen.

Coupon code won't work! Coupon code is accepted and is applied for discounted total. However, when I try to pay it says coupon not found.

This is a problem we're aware of and working to fix. For now, the coupon codes must be entered in ALL CAPS. We are sorry for the frustration this may have caused! We'll work on a fix to allow for lowercase coupon codes too, but in the meantime entering the code in all caps should do the trick.

Have questions about billing?

Send to: [email protected]

I live outside the United States and the website won't let me pay for the course because my zip code is different than zip codes in the U.S.! It won't accept my payment.

A workaround is to use a zip code. i.e. try: 98105

Where do I find the course content?

All of the course content exists on the www.learningforasmallworld.com site. Simply login, click on "My Courses" in the top-right, and click "Star Trek: Inspiring Culture & Technology course". You'll see the seven sections of the course on the left and each section's subsections on the right side.

How is the course organized?

Within the Star Trek course there are seven sections, with each section having its subsections. Each subsection has a different focus, or lesson to be learned/explored. Besides a video, each subsection has a reading list, watch list, and discussion components. Furthermore, if you click "Section 1" on the left, you may then click 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3 on the right to view all of the course content for each section. And of course, this community forum is for students to converse with one-another about specific discussion questions in each section, share ideas, etc.

Where can I watch the videos on the watch list and access the literature on the reading lists?

The course suggests episodes and literature to explore. While we are working on a special offer for our students to access some of the content, right now it is outside the scope of what the course offers. You may try to encounter videos on Netflix or Amazon, and literature on OverDrive or your local library.

How do I ask the course instructors a question?

Go here! (For Star Trek paying members only)
community.learningforasmallworld.com/categories/section-1%3A-course-instructor-introductions

How do I create an account?

In the top-right corner of the page click the "Register" button. Then fill out the information fields and click the "Sign up" button.

How do I change my password?

If you want to change your password or if you forgot your password, the process is the same. Make sure you're present and logged out on the Learning for a Small World website. In the top-right corner of the page click "Login". Then click on "Forgot your password?" above the "Log In" button and enter your email. We'll email you a link to reset your password.
 You may need to check your spam folder or unblock engage@prometheanworld.com.

How do I edit or delete a discussion or comment I posted here?

You have one hour to edit your discussion or comment after posting. Simply click the gear icon at the top-right of your post and select edit. Then click the "Save" button. Discussions and comments cannot be deleted. If you believe your discussion and comment should be deleted you may contact a moderator or admin.

How do I turn off email notifications?

Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page and select "Preferences". On this page you can control for which actions you receive notifications to email. Simply click the appropriate bubble in the Email column and then click the "Save Preferences" button.

How do I create a discussion?

Click the "New Discussion" button, add a title relating to what you want to dive into, add a little description/context/opinion in the body field where it says "Type your message", and then click "Post Discussion". Then others can comment and contribute toward your new discussion topic.

Is your question an emergency?

Send an email to: [email protected]