We regret to inform you that Learning for a Small World will be shutting down on July 31st at midnight Pacific Standard Time. For members who have already purchased the course, please enjoy the course until then. If you're interested in accessing the course after July 31, 2019, you may visit: https://www.edx.org/course/star-trek-inspiring-culture-and-technology

Who are you inspired by most?

BenjieBenjie Administrator, star-trek-member

Share your story.

Comments

• Elon Musk, because in my eyes he is one of the human beings on earth who can make a tremendous impact on our future for science and space.

• marilynKmarilynK star-trek-member

I am most impressed by William Shatner. I have attended five (only) STLV conventions, and at each one, Mr. Shatner comes to these conventions and for an hour shares his experiences and his feelings regarding us, his fans, and the shows. He shows nothing but profound respect for everyone and answers their questions regardless of how silly or how often repeated the same questions are. He never stops. He will sign autographs for hours, sit for pictures forever, and always has a smile on his face. His dedication to animals (in particular horses), and humans is legendary, and his contributions to charities is exemplary. Remember, he is now 87 years old, and he is still active on television ( Better Late Than Never). He has a 50 plus year span in front of a camera and he isn't slowing down now. I think if there is anyone who follows the Star Trek teachings, it is none other than the original James T. Kirk, a.k.a. William Shatner.